Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat    FAQ

Portal » Board index » Games » Classes » Hunter

Post subject: How about that Spec ?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:56 pm 

k Div thought You was going to post a new tree spec whats up ?

Post subject: Re: How about that Spec ?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:14 pm 

Nedraw wrote:
k Div thought You was going to post a new tree spec whats up ?

I'd sent it to Delux to email to you, since I didn't know if you had access yet. Here's my $.02, just pertaining to the bottom part of the BM tree & the top part of the MM stuff.

BM Tree Stuff:

Take the 1 point out of Animal Handler, put it in Unleashed Fury (pets get their master's hit now, so they don't need Animal Handler anymore).

Take the 3 points out of Cobra Strikes, put them in Longetivity (Cobra Strikes only works on SPECIAL attacks now, and I'm reading that unless you break the 32-33% crit range, it doesn't proc consistently, so the reduced CD on Intimidate & BW/TBW will probably serve you better).

MM Tree Stuff:

Try to pick up Focused Aim for the +hit - either take the points out of imp conc or out of imp hunter's mark (I'd drop imp hunter's mark, it only applies to the hunter's dps now & staying close to hit cap is more important imo).

You NEED to have Go For The Throat - take 2 points out of Improved Hunter's Mark or out of Mortal Shots (Mortal Shots doesn't apply to auto shots anymore, so unless you're working towards Aimed shot, they're pretty bleh talents now)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:31 am 

K all better U are still my "Hunter Hero", but you know im still in prison so evaluate the worth on your own, :). Ned :)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 am 

You cut me deep, Ned. :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:51 am 

No NO NO you are truely my Hunter Hero !!!! & without your help I would still be in the Tard Zone !!!! You are great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Ned . My referal to prison was simply an attempt to humor LOL

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:12 am 

Nedraw wrote:
No NO NO you are truely my Hunter Hero !!!! & without your help I would still be in the Tard Zone !!!! You are great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Ned . My referal to prison was simply an attempt to humor LOL

I know... but I made you feel bad, so I did my job. :)

BTW, the spec I gave you was made fun of at first on the forums. People are starting to change their minds. We're ahead of the curve for hunters that don't want exotics. :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:11 pm 

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzggRmu0eoLcfMb

This is the build Lowblow is specced.

Let me go through the logic of what I took vs what I avoided.

Personally I think Cobra Strikes isn't worth speccing at all. The theory was (before it was changed to special attacks) that the crits would keep Ferocious Inspiration up, they would keep Frenzy up pretty much 24/7. However as Div pointed out, you need higher crit (36% BTW) to actually guarantee keeping it up 24/7 (Remember Steady Shot is 2 seconds now, NO LONGER affected by Serpent's Swiftness) and this leads to:

Invigoration. Simply put it used to be better and then it was nerfed. Along with the previous Cobra Strikes this talent would have had great synergy. Sadly again, it was nerfed. I "could" see a hunter taking it IF they had the crit however in situations such as that there's generally a better mana battery. However I'll say from what i'm hearing in LK, Mana's going to be a little more precious. There seems to be a lot of AoE fights and mana drains so having an extra source of mana sounds nice. But then think against it by the simple fact that AOTV can restore your mana in about 30 seconds (I forsee gearwise that the hunter's mana pool will rise a bit, and AOTV does NOT scale, it's particular only to weapon speed. The new iteration will have a 4% regen, but I don't like it that way. We'll see though)

Oh, while I don't dig Spirit Bond much (to me it's still useless even with the 10% extra heals) there's not much else needed as far as increased DPS, the rest are just pure pet buffs (not to their damage BTW)

I also have that one point in Endurance Training, had nowhere else I wanted to put it

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:52 pm 

Low wrote:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzggRmu0eoLcfMb

This is the build Lowblow is specced.

By and large, we are in agreement. I didn't take Kinred spirits on this build, I will on the next. I took Spirit Bond because I needed to dump the points somewhere. I was trying out the top of the MM tree to see how it felt. I'm only marginally impressed by it. I stayed away from mortal shots because it is, once again, "specials" only - dunno why they felt the need to do that to every freaking talent, but so be it.

It's actually really difficult for me right now to figure out the goods & the bads in the trees. It's not like I can go into an instance or raid to try new specs - the mobs die so fast it's hard to get a really good feel.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:59 pm 

that is what the target dummies are for.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:05 pm 

cuz3 wrote:
that is what the target dummies are for.

Target dummies don't move. :)

btw, Low, that hooker GC says they're nerfing our damage.

Portal » Board index » Games » Classes » Hunter